Are you worried about selling your home in Virginia? Upgrading a home in Virginia is the first step that all the sellers must take seriously. Remember upgrading must be cost-effective.
We sometimes go for upgrades that are costly but do not benefit you in terms of high resale value. For example, an attached gym or swimming pool may prove useless but a new garage door can offer a high profit. This blog will guide you about downsizing a home in Virginia.
1. Things You Must Remember
There are many factors that a buyer will consider while purchasing a home in
Virginia: Things you must remember while the decision of upgrading a home in
Virginia is made:
● Remember to make a list of all the improvements that your home needs. For
example maintenance, renovation, or some addition.
● Calculate how much time and money will be required to complete the up-
● Certain projects can be done in winter while some projects are suitable to start
during summer. These things must be considered by the homeowner.
● Go for long-term plans. You have to question yourself whether you want to sell
your home within what time. You must try to achieve a high return over the
investment you made on upgrading.
● Do not think that if you invest more you will get the same in return. It does not
happen all the time. Take time but try to bring perfection in upgrading. Even small
changes like new paint or innovative fixtures can work well.
3. Where to Start From?
This is a very crucial question for a home seller. No one has said that you have to complete all the tasks right now. So you must take time and follow a particular direction. For example, one room at one time. Do not work in multiple rooms simultaneously. It is a fact that a well-maintained kitchen attracts the attention of maximum buyers. So try to invest money and more time in upgrading your kitchen first. This investment can bring a high return for you.
Follow the points while upgrading:
● Add light fixtures, backsplash tiles.
● Place new drawers, granite countertops
● Stainless steel appliances will go well.
● Must try new paint, island for extra counter space, and innovative flooring.
Now comes the next essential corner or room i.e, bathroom. Some smart options that can drive higher return on investment:
● Go for the lights that can be mounted on the wall.
● Under-mount sinks and new faucets, heated floors also make your bathroom look
● Try to change the toilet seats and innovate the floor tiling.
● Do not forget to add new windows, upgrade the showers by adding stone tiles.
3. View From the Street
In this section, the improvement about which we are going to talk is called curb appeal
improvements. We all know that no one and nothing is perfect. We should be smart enough to manage those weak points. The same applies to a house. Here we are going to discuss how the buyer can be influenced despite the flaws in the home while purchasing a home in Virginia.
We all know that the first impression is the last. So try to make your home look impressive from the outside first. So when the buyers look at the home from the street, they will dream to buy the home as soon as possible.
● First, cut the branches of the trees that harm the looks of your home from outside.
● Enhance greenery outside. Try to plant bushes, small trees sideways.
● Installation of a sprinkler system is a good idea.
● Do not ignore the front door at all. Paint them well with bright colors.
● Never forget to thoroughly clean the roofs, sideways, and driveways. In short,
keep the exterior of your home clean.
● A new doormat, small chairs, and tables on the porch can be a good option to
influence the buyer to buy your home.
For every other available room try to make small changes like new flooring, windows, paint, etc. These are the very primary steps of downsizing a home in Virginia.
4. What is the Overall Strategy?
Remodeling every room can be costly and time-consuming. But these small changes can
make your kitchen look new. And help you to get buyers who will be ready to buy your house at a high price.